Storage of collected information
The security of your personal information is important to Proud Mary. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website or booking system, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When credit card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete credit card details. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with travel products or services.
- Assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service.
- Collect and process payments, though us or a third party.
- Perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research).
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs.
- Personalise the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations.
- Investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers).
- Third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made.
- Our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services.
- Third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as our call centre operator and mailing house. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
- Government authorities in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency.
When you visit certain sections of our website, Google Analytics, a website analytics service provided by Google, Inc (“Google”), will place cookies on your computer’s browser. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website is transmitted to Google. This information is then used for the purpose of compiling statistical reports to enable us to measure and analyse the number of visits to our website and its pages, the average time spent on the site and the pages viewed. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personal data of visitors to our website.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, including communications from us on behalf of our business partners, please contact your travel consultant or our Customer Service Manager, or for emails, use the unsubscribe facility.
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact our head office either via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 08 8406 4444.