Adelaide City highlights
Half-day guided small group coach tour, door to door from selected Adelaide hotels.
- Adelaide city sights
- Adelaide’s Cultural Boulevard. North Terrace –Adelaide University, Library, Art Gallery and Museum
- Historic North Adelaide
- St Peter’s Cathedral
- The famous Adelaide Oval
- Haigh’s Chocolate factory tour (except Sundays and SA public holidays)
- When Haigh’s is closed there is a visit to the National Wine Centre adjacent to Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Gardens.
- Optional Popeye cruise and visit to Adelaide Zoo to see Australia’s only giant pandas
- Expert commentary by local Coach Captain
Itinerary may be subject to change and some listed venue may be replaced temporarily without notice.
South Australia’s capital city, Adelaide, is a cosmopolitan city with a blend of European and modern architecture, offering a wealth of experiences including great food and wine, arts and culture, and world-class sporting events. This tour is an ideal introduction to see the best of Adelaide and learn more about its history on a friendly and relaxed tour.
In the morning, board your coach for the City Highlights Tour. Your guide will introduce you to this delightful city, which is surrounded by parklands with a blend of historic buildings, wide streets, cafés and restaurants.
Drive past Adelaide’s cultural precinct – North Terrace, the National Wine Centre, Adelaide Botanic Gardens and the beautiful Botanic Park, home to the Bicentennial Conservatory and the Adelaide Zoo.
Continue through historic North Adelaide, where you’ll see tree-lined streets, mansions and historic buildings. Stop and visit the iconic St Peters Cathedral or the newly developed Adelaide Oval then travel through the city’s east on the way to the Haigh’s Chocolates for a factory tour and tastings of this famous South Australian chocolate.
Return to the city via the South Parklands, West Terrace and North Terrace.
*Itinerary is subject to change without notice.
Haigh’s Chocolates factory tour & tastings does not operate on Sundays and SA Public Holidays therefore the itinerary will be changed to include a visit to the National Wine Centre*.
The National Wine Centre is located on the edge of Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Gardens. Passengers will have free time to explore the iconic building with the opportunity to purchase morning tea at the café or taste wine from the extensive Australian wine collection.
*The National Wine Centre will be closed on Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years’ Day so further time will be spent exploring the city.
In this section
- Additional tour options
- Adelaide City highlights
- Barossa food and wine experience
- Barossa and Hahndorf highlights
- McLaren Vale food and wine indulgence
- Victor Harbor and McLaren Vale highlights
- Kangaroo Island – Seal Bay discovery
- Kangaroo Island – remarkably wild
- Adelaide accommodation options
- Group Packages