Barossa and Hahndorf highlights
Full day guided small group coach tour, door to door from selected Adelaide hotels.
- Morning tea and tastings at Jacobs Creek winery
- Visit to Mengler’s Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Cellar door tastings and “The Saltram Story” at Saltram Estate Winery. Angaston
- 2 course lunch at South Australian Company Store (The Company Kitchen), Angaston, with wine tastings from two boutique wineries
- Visit to the historical Herbig Family Tree, Springton
- Optional tasting at Rockbare Cellar Door, Hahndorf, or free time to explore Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest German settlement
- Expert commentary by local Coach Captain
This full day tour takes passengers to South Australia’s premium wine region, to sample some of the Barossa’s finest wines including the world famous Jacobs Creek Winery and Saltram Wine Estate. Enjoy a sumptuous 2 course lunch at the South Australian Company Store. Then wind your way through the picturesque Adelaide Hills to Hahndorf, Adelaide’s oldest German settlement, where you will have free time to explore the many shops and galleries full of local arts, crafts and produce.
Travel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine district. Your first stop is at the multi award winning Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre where you will have the opportunity to sample their famous wines in a structured tasting, take a tour of the surrounding vines and cellar door and enjoy morning tea as you overlook the vineyards.
Leaving Jacob’s Creek Visitor Centre, travel to Mengler’s Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto Saltram Wine Estate at Angaston. Here you will learn about Saltram’s 150 year history and taste some of the wide selection of quality wines from the stunning cellar door. After a memorable cellar door experience, journey to the South Australian Company Store and Kitchen for a delicious lunch. The Company Kitchen draws on ingredients and traditions that are distinctly from the Barossa regional producers. You will enjoy a scrumptious 2 course lunch (including a tasting plate) along with wine tastings from two boutique Barossa wineries.
In the afternoon you will journey your way through the picturesque Adelaide Hills where you will have a short stop at the Herbig Family Tree at Springton. This hollow tree trunk provided a ‘home’ for Friedrich & Caroline Herbig and two of their 16 children until 1860. On arrival into Hahndorf (Adelaide’s oldest German settlement), you can choose between wine tastings at the boutique RockBare Cellar Door or free time to explore Hahndorf’s main street with many shops and galleries full of local arts, crafts and produce, and pubs where you can sample some German Beers.
Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporariliy without notice. If you have any special dietary requirements please advise the sales centre staff member at time of booking.
In this section
- Additional tour options
- Adelaide City highlights
- Barossa food and wine experience
- Barossa and Hahndorf highlights
- McLaren Vale food and wine indulgence
- Victor Harbor and McLaren Vale highlights
- Kangaroo Island – Seal Bay discovery
- Kangaroo Island – remarkably wild
- Adelaide accommodation options
- Group Packages