McLaren Vale food and wine indulgence
Full day guided small group coach tour, door to door from selected Adelaide hotels.
- Morning tea at McLaren Vale Visitor Information Centre
- Wine tastings at Wirra Wirra Vineyards, McLaren Vale
- 2 course gourmet lunch at Red Poles, McLaren Vale
- Cellar door tastings in the historic “Stables” at d’Arenberg Winery, McLaren Vale
- Optional tasting at Hardy’s Tintara Cellars or free time to explore McLaren Vale’s main street
- Expert commentary by local Coach Captain
Leaving Adelaide, we’ll head out through the southern suburbs of Adelaide and join the metropolitan coastline. Enjoy coastal views as we head to McLaren Vale Visitor Information Centre for morning tea.
Travel a short distance into the McLaren Vale wine region and our first cellar door, Wirra Wirra Vineyards, which is located amongst the gum trees in the historic ironstone cellars. Enjoy a short tour of the cellars and tastings of the range of quality wines. Look out for the ‘catapult’ in the picturesque grounds surrounding the cellar door.
Our next stop is Red Poles for a delicious 2-course lunch incorporating fresh, local produce. This unique restaurant, a favourite among locals, is a combination of a restaurant, art gallery and cellar door. If you have time, you may wish to try the ‘paddle’ of local beers or wines from a local winemaker (additional cost). After lunch, we continue our McLaren Vale experience by visiting d’Arenberg cellar door. Explore a range of wines in the historic Stables, whilst the experienced staff share the d’Arenberg winemaking philosophies and the history of the 4th generation family own business.
Our final stop for the day is Hardy’s Tintara, which is located on the main street of McLaren Vale. Choose to enjoy further wine tastings or stroll along the main street of this delightful town. We return to Adelaide via the seaside suburb of Glenelg where you will have the option to leave the tour there or return to Adelaide.
Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice.
This tour is not recommended for children.
In this section
- Additional tour options
- Adelaide City highlights
- Barossa food and wine experience
- Barossa and Hahndorf highlights
- McLaren Vale food and wine indulgence
- Victor Harbor and McLaren Vale highlights
- Kangaroo Island – Seal Bay discovery
- Kangaroo Island – remarkably wild
- Adelaide accommodation options
- Group Packages