Victor Harbor and McLaren Vale highlights
Full day guided small group coach tour, door to door from selected Adelaide hotels.
- Morning tea at delightful Strathalbyn on the banks of the Angas River
- The historic old river port of Goolwa where the Murray River meets Lake Alexandrina
- Port Elliot, Horseshoe Bay and Whale Lookout
- Free time to troll the esplanade at Victor Harbor dotted with local crafts and cafes
- Optional 3 course lunch at Hotel Victor
- Tour along the southern coastline
- Tour through the rolling vineyards, ironstone cottages, olive and almond groves of McLaren Vale region
- Free time to explore the main street of McLaren Vale or sample wine at cellar doors
- Expert commentary by local Coach Captain
Visit South Australia’s most popular tourist region, the Fleurieu Peninsula, and experience the magnificent beaches, award-winning wines, fresh local produce and some of the region’s best loved tourist experiences.
Enjoy a delightful tour of South Australia’s premier tourist region, the Fleurieu Peninsula. This tour begins with a picturesque coach ride through the Adelaide Hills to the historical Scottish settlement of Strathalbyn. Here you will stop for some free time and morning tea in High Street (own expense). Continue on to the paddle steamer town of Goolwa where you will have a brief tour of the town including the wharf, barrage and beach.
On your way to Victor Harbor, cruise past the charming coastal town of Port Elliot, including Horseshoe Bay, and stop at Whale Lookout for a photo opportunity. Upon arrival at Victor Harbor, South Australia’s most popular seaside village, wander through the main street, sampling the fresh local produce. Optional 3 course lunch at the Hotel Victor or indulge in some fish and chips on the foreshore (own expense). You may choose to explore Granite Island, where you’ll find the Little Penguins and you might even catch a glimpse of a Southern Right Whale during the winter months.
Your tour then continues to the wine making region of McLaren Vale, best known for producing outstanding Shiraz. Wander the main street, sample the fresh local produce including the delicious cheeses at Blessed Cheese, taste some of the fine wines or grab a coffee at one of the many cafés. From here take a scenic drive through South Australia’s southern metropolitan beaches of Port Noarlunga and Moana before returning to Adelaide.
3 course lunch at Hotel Victor
- Carvery o Bread Roll
- Choice of 2 soups
- 3 Roast meats – usually Lamb, Beef & Turkey (Pork & Chicken are other options)
- Hot Vegetable Bar o Salad Bar o Hot & Cold Desserts
- Tea & Coffee
Itinerary may be subject to change and some listed venue may be replaced temporarily without notice.